My Year in Review
1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
Picked a few sperm donors, got sperminated, picked a few more, etc etc.
2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didn't make any last year - not because I don't need to but because I wanted to avoid being disappointed in myself. This year I want to swim with dolphins, sing and have a baby!
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Two friends, one co-worker and one friend is pregnant
4. Did anyone close to you die?
My dear sweet dad, Harry Holmes Purkis, on April 17th, 2008. He was a young at heart 71 but his body was not cooperating...
5. What places did you visit?
England for my dad's funeral, where I saw relatives I had not seen for years and years, our beloved Bin a Gamme in Watersmeet in the UP, for 6 days of friends and fun and solitude, and lots of swimming and some skinny dipping; Hilby Thatch cottage in Glenn, MI, near South Haven, and KCMO to see DP's mama and sis.
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
Nowt but a wee babbit ( Yorkshire dialect for "nothing but a little baby")
7. What day from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
The day I got the call that my dad had died - just when I was planning to get my passport mess sorted out and go see him. I was sitting on our couch in a towel, with wet hair.
8. What was your biggest achievement(s) of the year?
Keeping my job, getting my previous abusive evil and nasty boss fired ( with a lot of help from my wonderful co-workers) and regaining my mental health because of it.
Helping the feral cats in our hood - saving three of the four kittens from certain starvation ( one died because he was really sickly) and finding the three of them happy homes.
Feeding and sheltering the remaining feral cats and the non-feral but very charismatic Blackie.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not getting to see my dad before he died - letting worries about money and timing get in the way of my plans to visit him
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
No thank goddess.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
I don't think I bought anything very exciting - but I have to say the beach tokens we bought were the best value for money and allowed us to have many days being beach bums!
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My DPs for being a trooper and going back to school and putting up with me and my moods!
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
14. Where did most of your money go?
Sperm, making babies, bills, starbucks, travel, cats. Probably in that order.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Getting sperminated, the idea of being pregnant, going to the beach!
16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
I can't think of one
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Happier
b) thinner or fatter? Fatter - at least 10 lbs - blame it on TTC!
c) richer or poorer? Richer
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Relaxing, traveling, hanging with friends
19. How did you spend Christmas 2008?
In KC MO with DPs mama and sister
20. Did you fall in love in 2008?
Wiv ma honey again and again. Esp. when she is all academic and clever, she makes me swoon!
21. What are your three favorite photos of 2008?
Look at my next post because I am having a hard time posting them here -and am only able to post to the beginning of the blog!
22. What was your favorite TV program?
the L- word - even though it turned into lesbian kitsch porn! and Brothers and Sisters and of course all the Real Housewives shows - atlanta and OC especially!
23. What did you do for your birthday in 2008?
Had a 40th Birthday party with my twin sis and friends at her house, played games, had a photo guessing game with pics of both of us and you had to guess which was which.
24. What was the best book you read?
The center cannot hold, by Elyn Saks - about a very very smart woman who has severe schizophrenia and manages to have a life eventually after years and years of struggles.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
26. What did you want and get?
I don't go around wanting a lot - that's half my trouble. Didn't want and didn't get much!
27. What did you want and not get?
Wanted to move to a nice big house. No we didn't get it!
28. What were your three favorite films this year?
Happy go lucky ( of course); Schindler's List ( even though it's gut wrenching, the documentary afterwards is uplifting) can't think of another one right now.
29. Did you make some new friends this year?
Some new co-workers, some cool people at our funky UCC church.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
I know I know - but for work it's great!
For home, anything baggy really.
And skirts for the summer - who would a thunk it?!
32. What kept you sane?
Discovering the internet and BBC, blogs, and facebook; rediscovering fiction; ma honey!
33. What political issue stirred you the most?
34. Who do you miss?
35. Who was the best new person you met?
36. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
Don't wait to go see your loved ones. Indecision is a decision.
Those were hard lessons.
Roll on 2009!
I don't regret 2008, but I am OVER IT!
Picture this: me, on a beach, summer 2009, big fat pregnant belly!
OMG - is she obsessed? No she is envisioning her October / November baby!