These are the highlights -it is a bit more involved than this - especially on the donor end.
- After two weeks of boob busting BCPs ( but no mood swings, thank you very much!) I start taking Lupron tomorrow, November 1st. Yippee! Never have I been more happy or grateful to stick a needle in my tummy! It's been about six months so I hope I remember what to do. But just in case I don't, the clinic has a handy dandy video to help me.
- On 11/12/09 I go into the clinic for a baseline ultrasound and bloodwork.
- 11//13/09, donor takes FDA tests. Stimulation is contingent on those tests being normal.
- 11/14/09 I start Estrace, baby aspirin and decrease Lupron.
- 11/17/09 the lovely donor starts her Gonal F pen to stimulate her ovaries. Sometime after this she starts her FSH medication.
- 11/20/09 and 11/27/09 I go in for another u/s and b/w
- Thanksgiving day I look at the tofurkey and thank my lucky stars!
- Donor takes Ovidrel ( trigger shot)
- Donor goes in 34- 36 hours after trigger shot for egg retrieval ( around 11/28/09)
- Lovely donor eggs and lovely donor sperm do a happy dance with the aid of ICSI and nice embryologists.
- 11/29/09 I start prometrium, PIO, and a Zpack.
- Day of 5-day blastocyst (embryo ) transfer - December 3rd, stop Lupron and go for broke!!!
- 12/13/09 pregnancy test!!!
I am also very aware that IVF with donor eggs and sperm does not equal pregnant, and pregnant does not equal a healthy baby, but I am going to hope and pray for the best and am feeling excited and optimistic.
breathe, breathe, breathe!
And thank you, all of you for the cheers and the support. It means so much to me:) xoxoxoxoxoxx