Saturday, May 9, 2009

ho-hum musings

Nothing earth shattering to report here, except that I have the most uncomfortable case of indigestion. It occurred to me after about 4 days of suffering that it might be the BCPs and then I dug back into the swamp that is my memory and remembered that this happened last time I took them. So far I have not been a homicidal harpy like last time, but I have had a loss of sleep due to horrible reflux at night, which is exacerbated by eating normal sized meals, and reflux all day which is exacerbated by eating and not-eating.
I guess this might be one way to lose weight that does not involve points.
I am looking forward to having my wife back in my life. It will happen by about June 1st I think! My dear S has one more week of school left and two papers that she is gamely slogging away at. Then one week off plus another week of an intensive course and then FREEDOM for the summer! Have I got a chore list for her! Of course these are chores that work best with two people- and I have been waiting to share them with her. They involved going to storage, tidying out our back storage area, making our apartment welcoming for visitors, organizing our office / baby space and a plethora of exciting tasks that I won't bore the blog world with for now.
But the evening is upon us, which means din dins, a dvd and hopefully blissful, reflux free sleep. I know I know - the excitement is killing you!

5 comments:

Best When Used By said...

How awful that the BCPs give you reflux! That's sure to put a crimp in your 8 hours at night.

I laughed when you said you had a chore list for your wife...but then you kindly said it included things for you to do together. Jobs like cleaning out storage units seem much less daunting when you do them with someone. :)

Anonymous said...

ho-hum is good :)
hope those bcp side effects are easing up some, sounds awful.

WoodLand Travels said...

I finally got caught up on your blog! Wow. I'm so glad you are writing about this and sharing it all. You are so brave. I'm so glad to hear how hopeful you are! I was really moved by what you said about your dad, too.
lots of love,
Regina

Pufferfish said...

Sorry you are having a rough time on the BCP's. They just gave me sore boobs. I did find out (the hard way) that if I didn't take them at the exact same time every night, I had breakthrough bleeding. A little scary to think you are starting your period.
I didn't do a trial cycle, so I wish you the best!!
Sounds like you are well on your way to getting the donor egg show on the road.

Anonymous said...

My husband will be away for 6 weeks for his summer Master's program and I have no idea how I'm going to get through it. Any tips?

Can't identify with you on the BCPs because I'm exactly the opposite...when I'm on them is the only time I really feel normal.

Happy ICLW, and thanks for sharing!